The Government of Andhra Pradesh have constituted two Co-operative Tribunals one each at Hyderabad and Vijayawada in G.O. M.s No 160 Agril & Coop (Coop IV) Dept dated 11.03.1993 to facilitate speedy trial of the cases of civil nature arising under the provisions of A.P. Cooperative Societies Act 1964.The jurisdiction of the Tribunal at Hyderabad was extended to entire Telangana and Rayalaseema Regions and jurisdiction of the Tribunal at Vijayawada was extended to the rest of Andhra Pradesh. These Tribunals are headed by a Chairman in the cadre of District Judge of Judicial Department and two members in the Cadre of Additional Registrars of the Cooperative Department. One officer in the cadre of Joint Registrar of Cooperative Societies is working as Presenting Officers in A.P. Coop. Tribunal, Hyderabad to present the case on behalf of the State.
2. As there is increase in the number of cases in these two Tribunals, for speedy trial of the cases, Government have constituted two more Cooperative Tribunals one at Visakapatnam and another at Warangal in addition to the existing two Tribunals vide G.O.Ms.No.394 A&C(Coop.IV) Dept., dated 25.09.2002. These Tribunals are also headed by a Chairman in the cadre of District Judge of Judicial Department and Two members in the Cadre of Additional Registrars of the Cooperation Department. Consequent on constitution of these two Tribunals, the jurisdiction of the Tribunals is as detailed below.
Cooperative Tribunal at Hyderabad:-
(1) Mahaboobnagar, (2) Medak, (3) Nizamabad (4) Ranga Reddy (5) Hyderabad (6) Nalgonda (7) Anantapur (8) Kadapa and (9) Kurnool.
Cooperative Tribunal at Vijayawada:-
(1) West Godavar (2) Krishna (3) Guntur (4) Prakasham (5) Nellore. (6) Chittor.
Cooperative Tribunal at Visakhapatnam:-
(1) Srikakulam (2) Vizianagaram (3) Visakhapatnam 4) East Godavari.
Cooperative Tribunal at Warangal:-
(1) Khammam (2) Warangal (3) Karimnagar. (4) Adilabad.
3. In addition to the Chairman and two Members all the 4 Tribunals were provided with one Secretary in the cadre of Special Cadre Deputy Registrar of Coop. Societies and other supporting staff such as Bench Clerk, Steno, Typist, Copyist and Attenders etc. The supporting staff is drawn on deputation from Cooperation Department and Judiciary Department.